Authorities in Abu Dhabi have updated the reopening policies and guidelines for private schools as in-classroom learning resumed in the emirate for students across all grades on Sunday.
As many as 220 inspection visits will be carried out this week to ensure the rules are being followed.
- Masks are mandatory for students in Grade 1/ Year 2 and above
- Students aged 12 and above must present a negative PCR test result when returning to school and periodically (excluding people of determination)
- Teachers and staff members are also required to present a negative PCR test result when returning to school, and every two weeks
- All those returning from international travel must adhere to the government's precautionary health measures.
- Students, teachers and staff members with chronic health conditions will have to present a valid medical fitness certificate signed by a physician in order to return to school
- Distancing learning option is still available for students