The UAE's Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation has changed its official name to the 'Ministry of Foreign Affairs'.
Statement: Official name of "Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation" changed to "Ministry of Foreign Affairs"https://t.co/YdqRrWzTO2— MoFA وزارة الخارجية (@MoFAICUAE) May 22, 2023
Through its embassies and diplomatic missions around the world, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs serves as the link between the UAE and the rest of the world.
It's mandated to carry out several tasks and special interests, including:
- Charting the UAE's foreign policy, supervising its execution and coordinating with other relevant authorities.
- Supervising all foreign relations, including organising the country's participation in organisations, conferences, and exhibitions.
- Protecting the interests of the country and its citizens abroad.
- Entering into pacts and conventions that the country is committed to.
- Gathering, analysing and evaluating political and economic information, organising communications between the country's ministries and related departments, and between agencies and governments.
- Promoting the image of the country and its values and policies.
- Conducting all ceremonies and formalities for missions that represent the country.
- Issuance and renewal of diplomatic and special passports for citizens, issuance and renewal of ordinary passports for UAE citizens abroad.
- Providing visas to enter the country or for transit on ordinary or diplomatic passports.
- Preparing and providing diplomatic, consular, administrative and financial information that enables the country's representative missions to conduct their tasks and overseeing the country’s diplomatic and consular missions.