Teens in hospital after lighter explodes in car

123 RF

Five teenagers have been hospitalised in Sharjah after the cigarette lighter they were sniffing butane gas from exploded.

Police received a call on Sunday that a fire had broken out in a parking lot in the emirate's Al Majaz area.

At least four of the boys are believed to have suffered from severe burns. 

The youths are expected to be taken into custody for questioning once they leave the hospital.

Police say the investigation is ongoing.


More from UAE