Sheikh Abdullah bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation, will step in as the chairman of the COP28 Higher Committee.
That's according to the latest announcement by His Highness Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Presidential Affairs, who noted that the formation of the Higher Committee reflects the UAE’s commitment to delivering a successful and inclusive COP28 that will advance critical climate negotiations.
Dr. Sultan bin Ahmed Al Jaber, Minister of Industry and Advanced Technology and UAE Special Envoy for Climate Change, will take on the role of Vice Chairman, with more ministers and officials from various national sectors forming the rest of the committee.
COP28 will be hosted at Expo City Dubai in November 2023.
The climate summit will also serve as a platform for the UAE to promote its view of climate action as an opportunity that drives sustainable economic and social development for all nations.
Members of the COP28 Higher Committee
- Mohamed Hadi Al Hussaini, Minister of State for Financial Affairs
- Reem bint Ibrahim Al Hashemy, Minister of State for International Cooperation
- Suhail bin Mohammed Al Mazrouei, Minister of Energy and Infrastructure
- Mariam bint Mohammed Almheiri, Minister of Climate Change and the Environment
- Dr. Thani bin Ahmed Al Zeyoudi, Minister of State for Foreign Trade
- Shamma bint Suhail Al Mazrouei, Minister of State for Youth Affairs
- Muhammad Abdullah Al Junaibi, Chairman of the Federal Authority for Protocols and Strategic Narratives (FPSNA)
- Lieutenant General Abdullah Khalifa Al Marri, Commander-in-Chief of Dubai Police
- Lt. Gen. Talal Humaid Belhoul, Director-General of State Security Department at Dubai Police
- Major General Staff Pilot Faris Khalaf Al Mazrouei, Commander-in-Chief of the Abu Dhabi Police (ADP)
- Mattar Mohammed Al Tayer, Director-General, Chairman of the Board of Executive Directors of the Roads and Transport Authority (RTA)
- Rashid Saeed Al Ameri, Under-Secretary of the Ministry of Presidential Affairs
- Major General Khalifa Hareb Al Khaili, Under-Secretary of the Ministry of Interior
- Helal Saeed Almarri, Director-General of Dubai's Department of Economy and Tourism
- Saif Saeed Ghobash, Secretary-General of Abu Dhabi Executive Council
- Dr. Jamal Mohammed Al Hosani, representing the Supreme Council for National Security