Global Village has partnered with Bloom World Academy (BWA) for a Young Directors Award competition that will give two students the chance to win a life-changing scholarship for their entire schooling.
The scholarships are worth over AED 1 million.
Based on the theme, “My more wonderful world”, the competition invites children between the ages of 5 and 14 to create a short video that tells the story of what they, or someone they know, would do to make the world a better place, or how they are already helping to build a more positive future.
The video entry could feature the participant, a friend, a teacher, a family member or someone in their wider community who is helping make the world more wonderful by making a positive impact, big or small.
The competition is divided into two age group entry categories; Juniors (aged between 5 – 10 years) and Seniors (aged between 11 – 14 years old).
A judging panel that features Saeed Aljanahi, Director of Operations at Dubai Film & TV Commission, John Bell, Principal of Bloom World Academy, Nyla Usha, actress and host of The Big Breakfast Club on Hit 96.7, Emirati Director Nahla Al Fahad and Dubai Eye 103.8 radio presenter Helen Farmer, will review the entries and choose the winners.
All finalists will be invited to experience their very own red carpet inspired premiere, where their films will be shown to thousands of Global Village guests at the Kids’ Theatre stage.
One lucky winner will be selected from each category and announced as the winners of the Bloom World Academy scholarships worth over AED 1 million.
The competition is part of Global Village’s Creators Month, launched to celebrate the International Month of Creativity (January).
Entry requirements for the Young Directors Award competition:
- Submissions for the award are open from January 10 – February 1
- Entry is free and open to UAE residents aged between 5 and 14 years
- Video entries should be filmed and created by the participant and should not exceed 4 minutes
- Entries can be recorded on a phone, video camera or any other device
- Submissions should be uploaded to YouTube as an “unpublished” video
- The YouTube link should then be shared on the Global Village online entry form
- Entries will be judged on creativity, originality and wonderfulness
- The creators of the shortlisted entries will be interviewed by Bloom World Academy
- Finalists will be invited to the award ceremony at Global Village where the winners will be announced
Want to win a life changing full school scholarship to Bloom World Academy? It’s time to get creative!— Global Village القرية العالمية (@GlobalVillageAE) January 10, 2023
How are you or someone you know helping to make our world a better place? Tell us in a 2-4 min video for your chance to win.
Learn more at https://t.co/B1tzGNWLnM pic.twitter.com/XuN9c3FaAd