Parents of private school students in Dubai can now access a new guide on inclusive education.
The publication released by the Knowledge and Human Development Authority (KHDA) provides information about parents’ rights and responsibilities and empowers them to be effective advocates for their children.
The guide has checklists and reference points for parents as they work together with schools to achieve inclusive education.
"Enabling parents to have access to information that empowers them to choose the right school for their children and promoting access to inclusive education will bring significant benefit to all students in Dubai private schools," said Fatma Belrehif, Chief Executive Officer of the KHDA's Dubai Schools Inspection Bureau.
"The new guide is an important step in realising Dubai’s aspirations to become one of the most inclusive cities in the world," she added.
It is the latest in a series of inclusive education publications released by the KHDA as part of Dubai’s education strategy.
Six steps towards inclusive education:
- Selecting an inclusive school for your child
- Your child’s participation in an Entry Assessment of Need
- Identifying barriers that restrict your child’s learning
- Implementing support to lower barriers to learning
- Developing an Individual Education Plan (IEP) for your child and establishing an Individualised Service Agreement
- Communicating about and contributing to your child’s education
Parents of private school students in #Dubai can now access a new guide dedicated to informing and empowering them in their journey of inclusive education.https://t.co/uo6hZv1veL pic.twitter.com/3YrbInZqml— Dubai Media Office (@DXBMediaOffice) March 23, 2021