The Dubai Health Authority( DHA) has urged all close contacts of COVID-19 infected individuals to quarantine for 10 days.
Anyone having spent more than 15 minutes with the confirmed COVID-19 case without physical distancing are eligible for the quarantine.
If any symptoms appear during the quarantine period, close contacts must get a PCR test done, authority added.
The DHA also highlighted 10 practices close contacts must avoid during quarantine which include:
- Not completing the 10-day quarantine period
- Not disclosing that you’re a close
- Getting in close contact with others
- Allowing visitors to your home
- Sharing items, rooms or the toilet with others
- Sharing the household with high-risk individuals
- Leaving home, even if you have to buy essentials
- Getting the vaccine while you are in the quarantine period
- Going for any medical appointment or procedure
- Ignoring precautionary measures