Professional sports teams can resume training in Italy this month, as Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte announced plans to ease lockdown restrictions.
He said individual training could start on May 4, while following social distancing guidelines.
Conte added that sports minister Vincenzo Spadafora would work "intensively" with scientists and sports leaders to ensure the process was safe for all players.
Team training is set to begin on May 18.
Conte, however, did not set a date for when the top-flight Serie A championship will restart but said the decision will be made only if the safety of the players are guaranteed. Play has been suspended since March 9.


Man City accept Barcelona bid for Spain midfielder Rodri, say reports
Ngah’s double leads Cameroon to maiden Women’s Cup of Nations title
Arsenal beat Man City 3-0 to win Community Shield
Cristiano Ronaldo hints at retirement amid 'last year' claims
Sri Lanka fight back through spinners but India 460-9
