Australia's Alex de Minaur has withdrawn from the men's singles at the Paris Olympics as he continues to recover from a hip injury that cut short his Wimbledon campaign, the world number six said on Sunday.
De Minaur pulled out of his Wimbledon quarter-final against Novak Djokovic earlier this month after sustaining a cartilage tear in his hip in the fourth round.
"Tried my best to be ready for the singles but body needs a bit more time," he said on Instagram.
The 25-year-old was set to play Germany's Jan-Lennard Struff on Sunday.
The Australian will still take part in the doubles alongside Alexei Popyrin. They will meet fourth-seeded U.S. pair Austin Krajicek and Rajeev Ram.

Man City accept Barcelona bid for Spain midfielder Rodri, say reports
Ngah’s double leads Cameroon to maiden Women’s Cup of Nations title
Arsenal beat Man City 3-0 to win Community Shield
Cristiano Ronaldo hints at retirement amid 'last year' claims
Sri Lanka fight back through spinners but India 460-9
