The World Health Organisation (WHO) on Monday said that it launched the first-ever vaccine trial in Uganda for ebola from the Sudan species of the virus.
In a statement, Dr. Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO’s Director-General, said the candidate vaccine as well as candidate treatments are being made available through clinical trial protocols to further test for efficacy and safety.
He added that three vaccination rings were defined, with the first ring involving about 40 contacts and contacts of contacts of the first reported and confirmed case.
Ugandan authorities had declared an ebola outbreak in the capital, Kampala, late last month.

Kenya tourist helicopter crash kills seven
US, South Korea to cut length, scope of military drills after Trump order
Central African Republic gold mine collapse kills at least 100
Israeli airstrike kills nine Palestinians at Gaza police station
Thai schools hold shooting response drills after deadly school attack
