Former British prime minister Boris Johnson deliberately misled parliament over COVID-19 lockdown parties, a parliamentary committee said in a damning report on Thursday.
The privileges committee - the main disciplinary body for lawmakers - published its conclusions after investigating whether Johnson had wilfully misled parliament about lockdown-breaking parties in Downing Street during the COVID-19 pandemic.
"We conclude that in deliberately misleading the House Mr Johnson committed a serious contempt," the report said.
Johnson, one of Britain's most well-known and divisive politicians, said it was a lie to say he deliberately misled parliament and called the report a charade. He resigned from parliament last week after seeing an advance copy of the report.
The Committee found that Johnson sought to undermine the parliamentary process by deliberately misleading the House of Commons and the Committee, by breaching confidence, impugning the Committee and by being complicit in a campaign of abuse and attempted intimidation.
It said that were Johnson still a member of parliament, he should have been suspended from the House for 90 days. "We recommend that he should not be entitled to a former Member’s pass," it added.
Eight Israeli airstrikes have hit the Abu al-Duhur military airbase in northwestern Syria early on Tuesday, targeting the runway and storage facilities, Syria's state-run Ekhbariya said, citing a military source.
Two students were killed in a shooting at a high school in the southern Philippines on Tuesday, one of them the gunman, officials said, in the second such incident in the country in less than two months.
The Supreme Court of Pakistan has ordered on Tuesday that former Prime Minister Imran Khan be moved to hospital from jail, his Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf party said, meeting a longstanding demand of his party and family, who had raised concerns about his health.
A Russian missile attack has killed 10 people and injured a further eight in a village in Ukraine's northeastern Kharkiv region, the regional governor said on Tuesday.
President Donald Trump said on Monday Iran would not make the deal he thinks is needed to end a war with the US and should surrender as talks between the countries remained stalled.