Britain has engaged in a third wave of "proportionate and targeted" strikes alongside its US allies against Houthis in Yemen to further degrade their capabilities, the government said on Saturday.
"The Royal Air Force engaged in a third wave of proportionate and targeted strikes against Houthi military targets in Yemen. We acted alongside our US allies, with the support of many international partners, in self-defence and in accordance with international law," Defence Minister Grant Shapps said in a statement.
US officials told Reuters earlier in the day that the US had launched a series of strikes against targets in Yemen.
Britain and the US have launched coordinated strikes in Yemen this year against Houthi forces, who have been attacking shipping in the Red Sea in what they describe as acts of solidarity with the Palestinians against Israel.
That has fuelled fears that the conflict could spread to other regions in the Middle East.
"This is not an escalation. We have already successfully targeted launchers and storage sites involved in Houthi attacks, and I am confident that our latest strikes have further degraded the Houthis’ capabilities," Shapps added.
Eight Israeli airstrikes have hit the Abu al-Duhur military airbase in northwestern Syria early on Tuesday, targeting the runway and storage facilities, Syria's state-run Ekhbariya said, citing a military source.
Two students were killed in a shooting at a high school in the southern Philippines on Tuesday, one of them the gunman, officials said, in the second such incident in the country in less than two months.
The Supreme Court of Pakistan has ordered on Tuesday that former Prime Minister Imran Khan be moved to hospital from jail, his Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf party said, meeting a longstanding demand of his party and family, who had raised concerns about his health.
A Russian missile attack has killed 10 people and injured a further eight in a village in Ukraine's northeastern Kharkiv region, the regional governor said on Tuesday.
President Donald Trump said on Monday Iran would not make the deal he thinks is needed to end a war with the US and should surrender as talks between the countries remained stalled.