Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said on Saturday a recently announced guideline on the operation of US nuclear assets on the Korean peninsula is certain to add security concerns in the region.
South Korean and Russian news agencies reported.
Speaking at a meeting of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations in Laos, Lavrov said he had not been briefed on the details of the plan but that it concerns Russia, Yonhap agency reported.
"Another element of concern is that the United States recently concluded an agreement with the Republic of Korea on joint nuclear planning," Lavrov was quoted as saying by the Russian state-run RIA news agency.
"So far, we can't even get an explanation of what this means, but there is no doubt that it causes additional anxiety."
The guideline is aimed at responding to the nuclear threat from North Korea, the U.S. and South Korea have said.

8 Israeli airstrikes hit Syria's Abu al-Duhur airbase, state TV reports
Two killed in high school shooting in southern Philippines
Pakistan top court orders ex-PM Imran Khan be moved to hospital from jail
Russian missile attack kills 10 in Ukraine's Kharkiv region, governor says
Trump says Iran won't make deal he thinks is needed
