Russian Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Maria Zakharova said Russia was ready to talk to the United States about a peace initiative discussed between the US and Ukraine, and contacts could take place on Thursday.
After talks with top US diplomats in Saudi Arabia on Tuesday, Ukraine said it was ready to accept a 30-day ceasefire and the United States said it was putting the proposal to Moscow.
"We are ready to discuss the initiatives set out there in future contacts with the United States. Such contacts are already possible as early as today," Zakharova said.
The Kremlin said earlier that US negotiators were flying to Russia. It said Kremlin foreign policy adviser Yuri Ushakov and US National Security Adviser Mike Waltz had spoken by phone on Wednesday.
Earlier on the Kremlin declined to comment on a Reuters report that Russia had presented the US with a list of its demands to end the war in Ukraine and reset relations with Washington.
Two people familiar with the matter told Reuters that Russian and American officials had discussed Moscow's terms during in-person and virtual conversations over the last three weeks.
"I can neither confirm nor comment on this," Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov said.
"I can only repeat once again that (there is) a huge amount of information that does not correspond to reality, which only corresponds to reality in small parts."
South Korea and the United States will cut short annual joint military drills to five days from 11 and scale back some field training, the allies said on Wednesday, after President Donald Trump ordered a substantial reduction in US participation.
At least 100 people were killed when a low-tech artisanal gold mine collapsed in the Central African Republic on Tuesday, a senior official at a local mining association said.
An Israeli airstrike killed nine Palestinians at a police station in Gaza on Wednesday, medics said, two days after US envoy Jared Kushner ended a trip to the region that failed to push forward Donald Trump's plan to end the war in the enclave.
Thai schools conducted active shooter drills on Wednesday, as authorities moved to strengthen security measures two weeks after a 14-year-old opened fire at a school and killed at least eight people.