Thousands of people braved the threat of COVID-19 and returned to work in the Philippine capital on Monday as the authorities eased lockdown measures.
Manila was placed under one of the world's strictest and longest lockdowns, bringing the economy to a sudden halt.
However, the decision of Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte to ease measures coincided with a spike in the number of coronavirus cases in the country.
Health officials have admitted there are risks involved, but attributed the rise in numbers to increased screening and clearing of a backlog of tests.
Businesses have also been allowed to reopen, with public transport operating on a limited scale.
So far, the country has recorded a total 18,086 infections and 957 deaths.


8 Israeli airstrikes hit Syria's Abu al-Duhur airbase, state TV reports
Two killed in high school shooting in southern Philippines
Pakistan top court orders ex-PM Imran Khan be moved to hospital from jail
Russian missile attack kills 10 in Ukraine's Kharkiv region, governor says
Trump says Iran won't make deal he thinks is needed
