Oman will ban travel between all its governorates from July 25 to August 8 following a spike in coronavirus cases.
That's according to state news agency ONA, which described the measure as a "total lockdown" of all governorates.
The Gulf state will also implement a daily curfew between 7:00 pm and 6:00 am during the period.
Shops and public spaces will be closed during the curfew.
Oman recorded 1,458 new cases of infection on Tuesday and 11 deaths, taking the total tally to 69,887 cases and 337 deaths.
Oman introduced lockdowns in March in some regions such as Muscat, Dhofar, Duqm and some tourist towns. Since April, it has gradually allowed commercial centres to reopen and lifted the lockdown in the Muscat region.
Air and land borders have been closed, except for repatriation. Last week, the government said it would start allowing citizens to fly abroad after applying for permission.
Russian ballistic missiles killed at least five people and injured over two dozen more in Kyiv early on Thursday, authorities said on the Telegram messaging app, damaging buildings and leaving parts of the Ukrainian capital without power.
South Korea and the United States will cut short annual joint military drills to five days from 11 and scale back some field training, the allies said on Wednesday, after President Donald Trump ordered a substantial reduction in US participation.
At least 100 people were killed when a low-tech artisanal gold mine collapsed in the Central African Republic on Tuesday, a senior official at a local mining association said.
An Israeli airstrike killed nine Palestinians at a police station in Gaza on Wednesday, medics said, two days after US envoy Jared Kushner ended a trip to the region that failed to push forward Donald Trump's plan to end the war in the enclave.