A man who was injured in last month's volcanic eruption in New Zealand has died in an Australian hospital, taking the death toll to 18.
Police added that the two remain missing are presumed dead after the search operation was scaled down.
Those who survived the White Island volcano eruption on December 9 are still being treated in hospitals in New Zealand and Australia for severe burn injuries.
New Zealand authorities continue to carry investigations into the circumstances around the disaster.


8 Israeli airstrikes hit Syria's Abu al-Duhur airbase, state TV reports
Two killed in high school shooting in southern Philippines, officials say
Pakistan top court orders ex-PM Imran Khan be moved to hospital from jail
Russian missile attack kills 10 in Ukraine's Kharkiv region, governor says
Trump says Iran won't make deal he thinks is needed
