New York has banned flavoured e-cigarettes, becoming the second US state to do so.
Michigan had issued a similar ban earlier this month.
The New York state panel on Tuesday voted to ban all flavoured e-cigarettes besides menthol, starting October 7.
US retailers will be given a two-week grace period before state health officials enforce the ban.
It comes days after Governor Andrew Cuomo urged state health departments to step up efforts to tackle the issue.
"It is undeniable that vaping companies are deliberately using flavours like bubblegum, Captain Crunch and cotton candy to get young people hooked on e-cigarettes - it's a public health crisis and it ends today," Cuomo said in a statement.
Last week, the Trump administration announced plans to remove all flavoured e-cigarettes from store shelves.
The move comes as US federal health officials investigate seven deaths linked to vaping.
South Korea and the United States will cut short annual joint military drills to five days from 11 and scale back some field training, the allies said on Wednesday, after President Donald Trump ordered a substantial reduction in US participation.
At least 100 people were killed when a low-tech artisanal gold mine collapsed in the Central African Republic on Tuesday, a senior official at a local mining association said.
An Israeli airstrike killed nine Palestinians at a police station in Gaza on Wednesday, medics said, two days after US envoy Jared Kushner ended a trip to the region that failed to push forward Donald Trump's plan to end the war in the enclave.
Thai schools conducted active shooter drills on Wednesday, as authorities moved to strengthen security measures two weeks after a 14-year-old opened fire at a school and killed at least eight people.