Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu confirmed on Sunday that he authorised the deadly attack on Hezbollah communications devices in Lebanon in September.
This confirmation by the Israeli PM marked the first time Israel has publicly admitted to being behind the operation. Lebanon has always accused Israel of being behind the attack, but they neither confirmed or denied their involvement until now.
The attack, which targeted Hezbollah’s pager system, resulted in explosions that killed 39 people and wounded approximately 3,000, occurring over two consecutive days in supermarkets, streets, and funerals.
The operation preceded Israel's ongoing military actions in Lebanon, which escalated in late September following Hezbollah’s strikes on Israel, supporting Hamas after the October 7 attack on Israel.
Since then, violence has intensified, with Israel launching airstrikes and sending ground troops into southern Lebanon.
Bangladeshi lawmakers elected veteran Bangladesh Nationalist Party (BNP) leader Mirza Fakhrul Islam Alamgir as the country's new president on Thursday, making the longtime opposition figure the head of state after his party came to power in a major political transition.
Russian strikes have killed 16 people and injured more than 40 in Kyiv and the surrounding region on Thursday as President Volodymyr Zelenskyy said a failure by Ukraine's allies to replenish its stock of air defence missiles was costing lives.
Prince Harry and his wife Meghan plan to move back to Britain this month, six years after they stepped down from their royal duties and relocated to the US, a source close to the couple said.
South Korea's presidential office has condemned North Korea's launch of more than 10 short-range ballistic missiles on Thursday and ordered its military to maintain full readiness during ongoing joint exercises with the United States.