Photo by NICHOLAS KAMM and KEVIN LAMARQUE / various sources / AFP
Billionaire Elon Musk said on Wednesday he regrets some of the posts he made last week about US President Donald Trump as they went "too far".
Trump and Musk began exchanging insults last week on social media, with the Tesla and SpaceX CEO describing the president's sweeping tax and spending bill as a "disgusting abomination".
Trump said on Saturday their relationship was over but has since said that he would not have a problem if Musk called and wished him well.
"I regret some of my posts about President Donald Trump last week. They went too far," Musk wrote in a post on his social media platform X.
He did not say which specific posts he was talking about.
Tesla shares in Frankfurt were up 2.44 per cent after Musk's post.
Since the dispute began, Musk has deleted some social media posts critical of Trump, including one signalling support for impeaching the president.
Sources close to Musk had said his anger has started to subside, and that they believe he may want to repair his relationship with Trump.
South Korea and the United States will cut short annual joint military drills to five days from 11 and scale back some field training, the allies said on Wednesday, after President Donald Trump ordered a substantial reduction in US participation.
At least 100 people were killed when a low-tech artisanal gold mine collapsed in the Central African Republic on Tuesday, a senior official at a local mining association said.
An Israeli airstrike killed nine Palestinians at a police station in Gaza on Wednesday, medics said, two days after US envoy Jared Kushner ended a trip to the region that failed to push forward Donald Trump's plan to end the war in the enclave.
Thai schools conducted active shooter drills on Wednesday, as authorities moved to strengthen security measures two weeks after a 14-year-old opened fire at a school and killed at least eight people.