A man was arrested on suspicion of common assault after an egg was believed to have been thrown in the direction of Britain's King Charles during a walkabout on Tuesday.
The alleged assault took place while Charles, 74, who came to the throne in September after the death of his mother Queen Elizabeth, was visiting Luton, northwest of London.
A police spokesperson confirmed a man in his 20s had been arrested in Luton's St George’s Square and was in custody for questioning.
Last month, a man was detained by police after eggs were thrown at Charles and Camilla, his wife and the queen consort, as they carried out an engagement in northern England.
The latest incident comes as the royal family braces itself for the release of a Netflix documentary series on Thursday about the king's younger son Prince Harry and his wife Meghan, and their latest expected criticism of the royal household.
Bangladeshi lawmakers elected veteran Bangladesh Nationalist Party (BNP) leader Mirza Fakhrul Islam Alamgir as the country's new president on Thursday, making the longtime opposition figure the head of state after his party came to power in a major political transition.
Russian strikes have killed 16 people and injured more than 40 in Kyiv and the surrounding region on Thursday as President Volodymyr Zelenskyy said a failure by Ukraine's allies to replenish its stock of air defence missiles was costing lives.
Prince Harry and his wife Meghan plan to move back to Britain this month, six years after they stepped down from their royal duties and relocated to the US, a source close to the couple said.
South Korea's presidential office has condemned North Korea's launch of more than 10 short-range ballistic missiles on Thursday and ordered its military to maintain full readiness during ongoing joint exercises with the United States.