After initially blocking a rescue ship from docking, Italy has now announced that six EU countries will take in the 150 migrants.
The migrants, who were picked up off the coast of Libya earlier this month by the Spanish charity ship Open Arms, will be shared among France, Germany, Romania, Portugal, Spain and Luxembourg.
Italian Prime Minister Guiseppe Conte made the announcement on Thursday.

8 Israeli airstrikes hit Syria's Abu al-Duhur airbase, state TV reports
Two killed in high school shooting in southern Philippines
Pakistan top court orders ex-PM Imran Khan be moved to hospital from jail
Russian missile attack kills 10 in Ukraine's Kharkiv region, governor says
Trump says Iran won't make deal he thinks is needed
