Haiti has declared three days of national mourning on Sunday, a day after a deadly stampede killed 25 people during an annual celebration thronged by students and visitors at its Laferriere Citadel tourist attraction.
In a national address, Prime Minister Alix Didier Fils-Aimé said mourning would begin on Tuesday, and the government would cover the funeral expenses for disaster victims.
Earlier in the day, Emmanuel Pierre, the national head of the civil protection authority, told Reuters authorities had revised down the death toll to 25 from an initial tally of 30.
The early-19th-century fortress, built shortly after Haiti's independence from France, is a UNESCO World Heritage site.

Russian strikes kill 16 in Ukraine's Kyiv
Prince Harry and Meghan to move back to Britain
North Korea launches 10 ballistic missiles as US-South Korea drills near end
Kenya tourist helicopter crash kills seven
US, South Korea to cut length, scope of military drills after Trump order
