The death toll from a Russian missile strike on an apartment building in the east Ukrainian city of Dnipro has risen to 44, Dnipro mayor Borys Filatov said on Tuesday.
"I am here. Already 44 dead," Filatov wrote on Facebook, making clear he was visiting the scene of Saturday's attack.
Regional authorities said earlier on Tuesday that a child's body was among the latest retrieved from the rubble.
Filatov did not say how many people were still unaccounted for. A local official who put the death toll at 40 on Monday said at the time that 30 people were still not accounted for.
Ukraine says the apartment building was struck by a Russian Kh-22 missile. The Kremlin said its wave of missile strikes on Saturday did not target any residential buildings.


Russian ballistic missiles kill at least five in Ukraine's Kyiv, spark fires
Kenya tourist helicopter crash kills seven
US, South Korea to cut length, scope of military drills after Trump order
Central African Republic gold mine collapse kills at least 100
Israeli airstrike kills nine Palestinians at Gaza police station
