The death toll from a fire at a mine owned by ArcelorMittal in Kazakhstan rose to 42 people on Sunday, and a search operation for four miners continued, the Ministry for Emergency Situations said.
"The search operation is hampered by the presence of destroyed mining equipment, as well as rubble in some places", the ministry said in a statement.
Rescuers are searching for miners in two areas of the mine 4 kilometres apart, it said.
On Saturday, operator ArcelorMittal Temirtau, the local unit of Luxembourg-based steelmaker ArcelorMittal, said 206 of 252 people at the Kostenko mine had been evacuated after what appeared to be a methane blast.
The Ministry for Emergency Situations said it was still monitoring the gas situation at the mine.


8 Israeli airstrikes hit Syria's Abu al-Duhur airbase, state TV reports
Two killed in high school shooting in southern Philippines
Pakistan top court orders ex-PM Imran Khan be moved to hospital from jail
Russian missile attack kills 10 in Ukraine's Kharkiv region, governor says
Trump says Iran won't make deal he thinks is needed
