In an attempt to curb the coronavirus outbreak, the British government has announced a ban on mass gatherings from next week.
"Ministers are working with the chief scientific adviser and chief medical officer on our plan to stop various types of public events, including mass gatherings, beginning next week," a government source said on Saturday.
So far, Britain has registered 798 cases and 11 deaths.
It comes as some organisations suspended public gatherings in light of the situation. England's Premier League suspended all matches until April 4, while the London Marathon has been postponed.
Local and mayoral elections in England that were due to take place in May have also been postponed.
Meanwhile, US President Donald Trump said they might include the UK in the coronavirus travel ban.


8 Israeli airstrikes hit Syria's Abu al-Duhur airbase, state TV reports
Two killed in high school shooting in southern Philippines
Pakistan top court orders ex-PM Imran Khan be moved to hospital from jail
Russian missile attack kills 10 in Ukraine's Kharkiv region, governor says
Trump says Iran won't make deal he thinks is needed
