An 80-year-old Chinese tourist has become the first fatality from coronavirus in Europe.
He was being treated at a hospital in the French capital after developing a lung infection from the COVID-19.
"This is the first fatality by the coronavirus outside Asia, the first death in Europe," French Health Minister Agnes Buzyn told reporters.
The Chinese national, who was originally from Hubei province, had arrived in France on January 16, along with his daughter, who has been cleared of the infection.
Of the 12 cases reported in France so far, four have recovered successfully.


8 Israeli airstrikes hit Syria's Abu al-Duhur airbase, state TV reports
Two killed in high school shooting in southern Philippines
Pakistan top court orders ex-PM Imran Khan be moved to hospital from jail
Russian missile attack kills 10 in Ukraine's Kharkiv region, governor says
Trump says Iran won't make deal he thinks is needed
