Eight new coronavirus cases have been registered in China's Hubei province, marking the first time since the daily tally hit single-digits.
It comes as authorities in the epicentre of the pandemic announced the resumption of production work at some industries and easing of certain travel restrictions.
Outside of Hubei, China had seven new cases, including six cases imported from abroad, health officials announced.
Overall, the 15 new confirmed cases in mainland China is a drop from 24 cases a day earlier.
So far, China has recorded 80,793 confirmed cases, with 62,793 people have recovered and been discharged from hospital.
Meanwhile, the death toll has touched 3,169, up by 11 from the previous day.
Russian ballistic missiles killed at least five people and injured over two dozen more in Kyiv early on Thursday, authorities said on the Telegram messaging app, damaging buildings and leaving parts of the Ukrainian capital without power.
South Korea and the United States will cut short annual joint military drills to five days from 11 and scale back some field training, the allies said on Wednesday, after President Donald Trump ordered a substantial reduction in US participation.
At least 100 people were killed when a low-tech artisanal gold mine collapsed in the Central African Republic on Tuesday, a senior official at a local mining association said.
An Israeli airstrike killed nine Palestinians at a police station in Gaza on Wednesday, medics said, two days after US envoy Jared Kushner ended a trip to the region that failed to push forward Donald Trump's plan to end the war in the enclave.