The Australian government will provide a new A$110 million (AED 269 million) package to Ukraine including 70 military vehicles to defend against Russia's invasion, Prime Minister Anthony Albanese said on Monday.
The package will include 28 M113 armoured vehicles, 14 special operations vehicles, 28 medium trucks and 14 trailers.
"Australia is unwavering in our resolve to condemn and oppose Russia's actions and to help Ukraine achieve victory," Albanese said.
Australia will also extend duty-free access for goods imported from Ukraine for a further 12 months, to support its recovery and trade opportunities, the statement said.
The additional commitments take Australia's total contribution to support Ukraine to A$790 million, including A$610 million in military assistance.
Albanese added the new assistance package was prepared before the news that mercenaries briefly took control of the Russian city of Rostov on Saturday, in one of the biggest challenges to President Vladimir Putin's grip on power since the war began last year.
Russian ballistic missiles have killed 12 people and injured more than 30 in Kyiv early on Thursday, authorities said, damaging buildings and severing power supply to some parts of the Ukrainian capital.
South Korea and the United States will cut short annual joint military drills to five days from 11 and scale back some field training, the allies said on Wednesday, after President Donald Trump ordered a substantial reduction in US participation.
At least 100 people were killed when a low-tech artisanal gold mine collapsed in the Central African Republic on Tuesday, a senior official at a local mining association said.
An Israeli airstrike killed nine Palestinians at a police station in Gaza on Wednesday, medics said, two days after US envoy Jared Kushner ended a trip to the region that failed to push forward Donald Trump's plan to end the war in the enclave.