Officials from the UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Egypt, and Palestine agreed to continue consultations on their Gaza reconstruction plan with US Envoy to the Middle East Steve Witkoff, it was announced after a meeting in Qatar on Wednesday.
The plan was approved during an Extraordinary Arab Summit in Cairo last week and is an alternative to Trump’s “Middle East Riviera” proposal, which seeks to depopulate the enclave under US control.
The Arab plan consists of three major stages: Interim measures, reconstruction and governance.
The Arab officials emphasised the importance of: "establishing a ceasefire in Gaza and the occupied Palestinian territories, stressing the need for genuine efforts to achieve a just and comprehensive peace based on the two-state solution," the statement said.
Joint Communique of the Five-Member Ministerial Committee on Gaza’s Meeting with the US President's envoy to the Middle East#MOFAQatar pic.twitter.com/0Wd6usbCSt
— Ministry of Foreign Affairs - Qatar (@MofaQatar_EN) March 12, 2025

Bus-truck head-on collision in Parana, Brazil kills at least 21
At least 9 killed in hotel fire in India's Kolkata
Russian drone attacks kill five in Ukraine's Kherson, governor says
Ebola cases in Congo exceed 5,000, government data shows
8 Israeli airstrikes hit Syria's Abu al-Duhur airbase, state TV reports
