The Taliban have announced their readiness to restart peace talks with the US, a day after President Donald Trump's surprise visit to Afghanistan.
On Friday, Zabihullah Mujahid, a Taliban spokesman, said they were "ready to restart the talks" that collapsed after Trump had called them off earlier this year.
"Our stance is still the same. If peace talks start, it will be resumed from the stage where it had stopped," Mujahid told Reuters.
Trump's Thanksgiving Day visit was his first to Afghanistan since becoming president.
It came a week after a prisoner swap between Washington and Kabul had raised hopes for a peace deal to end the 18-year-long war.


At least 9 killed in hotel fire in India's Kolkata
Ebola cases in Congo exceed 5,000, government data shows
8 Israeli airstrikes hit Syria's Abu al-Duhur airbase, state TV reports
Indonesia earthquake death toll rises to 70, government aid arrives
China's torrential rains kill 10 in southwest as thousands evacuated
