An updated list of fines and penalties has been issued in the UAE, aimed at combatting the spread of COVID-19.
Dr. Hamad Saif Al Shamsi, UAE Attorney-General, has issued the updated list under Resolution No. 38 of 2020.
It includes fines for:
- Non-compliance with the quarantine instructions at home and quarantine facilities
- Deception and evasion offences
- Non-compliance of institutions and companies with the precautionary measures, as determined by relevant authorities
- Violating judicial orders or when stopped at checking points
- The list also imposes fines for spreading fake news, information or coronavirus-related rumours, as well as violating temporary entry rules by vehicles used for commercial purposes.
The Attorney-General's Office has urged citizens and residents in the country to abide by the law and follow the COVID-19 precautionary measures and decisions issued by relevant authorities.