Verdicts issued by the UAE courts in civil cases now can be executed in India.
It’s after the Indian government declared the UAE to be a "reciprocating territory".
It has also identified the local courts whose judgements will be valid in India:
- Federal Court
- Federal Supreme Court
- Federal, First Instance and Appeals Courts in the Emirates of Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Ajman, Umm Al Quwain and Fujairah
- Local Courts
- Abu Dhabi Judicial Department
- Dubai Courts
- Ras Al Khaimah Judicial Department
- Courts of Abu Dhabi Global Markets
- Courts of Dubai International Financial Centre
However, details on how the process will be put into practice are yet to be revealed.
Legal experts say the move will help crack down on those who flee the UAE in loan default and fraud cases.