Four new public bus routes will be launched in Dubai on November 18 while seven others will be modified.
The Roads and Transport Authority (RTA) said the move will help expand the internal bus network and step up the integration of mass transit means in the emirate.
The new routes will serve Al Qusais, Al Nahda, Muhaisnah 4 and Al Wasl areas.
Commuters can also look forward to a round-the-clock bus service connecting Al Maktoum International Airport with Expo 2020 Station and Ibn Battuta Bus Station.
The new bus routes are:
- Route 18 (Al Nahda 1 - Al Muhaisnah 4) will operate only during peak hours at a frequency of 20 minutes.
- Route 19 (Al Qusais - Al Nahda 1) will operate only during peak hours at a frequency of 20 minutes.
- Route F29 (Equiti Metro Station – Al Wasl) will shuttle between Equiti Metro Station (north side) and Al Wasl Road at a frequency of 20 minutes.
- Route DWC1 (Al Maktoum International Airport Arrivals – Ibn Battuta Bus Station) will connect Al Maktoum International Airport and Ibn Battuta Bus Station via Expo 2020 Station. It will run every 30 minutes around the clock with a fixed fee of AED 5 for reaching Expo 2020 Station, and AED 7.5 for getting to Ibn Battuta Bus Station. The route will only operate until December 20.
- F10 will be extended to Dubai Safari Park
- F20 will be extended from Al Safa Metro Station northward to pass by Al Wasl Road
- F30 will be extended to Dubai Studio City
- F32 will be extended to Mudon
- F50 will be extended from Dubai Investments Park to pass by Al Nisr Publishing (Gulf News)
- F53 will be extended to Dubai Industrial City.
- F55 will be extended to reach Expo 2020 Metro Station. After December 20, 2022, this route will no longer commute to Ibn Battuta Station
On November 18, the RTA will also improve the timetable of 48 other routes: 5, 11A, 12, 15, 17, 21, 24, 30, 32C, 44, 50, 55, 61, 63E, 64, 66, 67, 84, 91, 95A, 96, 310, 320, C01, C04, C09 C18, C26, C28, DWC1, E16, E400, E411, F01, F15, F26, F20, F21, F29, F33, F47, F48, J01, N55, X25. X64, X92 , X94.
On November 18th, #RTA is set to launch four new public bus routes in #Dubai and improve seven others. The move aims to expand the internal bus network coverage and step up the integration of mass transit means in the emirate.https://t.co/6pqh6VJiSN pic.twitter.com/lgXDkp0ZKU— RTA (@rta_dubai) November 10, 2022