Tighter restrictions and additional precautionary measures have been announced in Umm Al Quwain as part of measures to curb the spread of COVID-19.
The capacity of shopping malls, public beaches, parks and cinemas has been reduced, while all concerts have been suspended.
The new rules that came into effect today, will remain in place until further notice.
- Shopping centres will operate at 60 per cent capacity, while the capacity of public beaches and parks has been capped at 70 per cent
- The capacity of cinemas, fitness centres as well as private beaches and swimming pools in hotels has been reduced to 50 per cent
- The number of people at weddings and family gatherings has been limited to 10; while for funerals it is 20
- Concerts have been suspended until further notice
- Maximum of four people per table at restaurants and eateries, with the tables spaced two metres apart
Inspections will be intensified to ensure compliance with the rules.