A food outlet in Abu Dhabi has been ordered to shut down after several people fell ill due to food poisoning.
The Abu Dhabi Agriculture and Food Safety Authority (Adafsa) said the closure orders for Burger Al Arab cafeteria were issued after investigations revealed that the grilled chicken meals they served was contaminated with salmonella bacteria.
In a social media post, the authority said the cafeteria had failed to follow safety protocols, while handling, storing and preparing food items, thus posing a threat to public health.
The closure order will remain in place until the violations are corrected, and the restaurant ensures all food safety guidelines are followed.
Meanwhile, the authority urged the public to report food-related violations by calling toll free number 800555.
أصدرت هيئة أبوظبي للزراعة والسلامة الغذائية قراراً بالإغلاق الإداري بحق منشأة "مطعم وكافتيريا برجر العرب" في أبوظبي، والتي تحمل الرخصة التجارية رقم CN-1720708 pic.twitter.com/tvOTqflt6i— هيئة أبوظبي للزراعة والسلامة الغذائية (@adafsa_gov) February 1, 2023