Paris St Germain forward Neymar has been ruled out for the rest of the season with the Brazil international set to undergo surgery to repair ankle ligaments that will keep him out for at least three months, the Ligue 1 club said on Monday.
Neymar, who has 13 goals and 11 assists in Ligue 1 this season, has not played since a 4-3 win over Lille last month, missing PSG's last two games.
"Neymar Jr has had several episodes of instability in his right ankle in recent years," PSG said in a statement.
"Following his last sprain contracted on February 20, the medical staff... recommended a ligament repair operation to avoid a major risk of recurrence. All the experts consulted have confirmed this necessity.
"A delay of three to four months is expected before his return to training."
PSG said he would undergo the surgery in Doha.
The club are top of the league with an eight-point lead over second-placed Olympique de Marseille. They face Bayern Munich on Wednesday in the Champions League last-16 second leg where they trail 1-0.


Delhi coach Badani lauds role model Starc
Aaron Rai emerges to win first major, first PGA for England since 1919
Inter Miami blank Portland to score 1st win in new stadium
Delhi stay alive with win over Rajasthan as Bengaluru enters playoffs
Vinicius lifts Real Madrid to 1-0 win over Sevilla
