Pele will be moved out of intensive care in the next day or two as the Brazil football great continues his recovery from surgery, his daughter Kely Nascimento said.
The 80-year-old, three-times World Cup winner has been in the Alberto Einstein hospital in Sao Paulo since doctors removed a tumour from his colon earlier this month.
"He is doing well post surgery, he is not in pain and is in a good mood (annoyed that he can only eat jello but will persevere!). He will move into a regular room in the next day or two and then go home," Nascimento said on Instagram.
"He is strong and stubborn and with the support and care of the brilliant team at Einstein and all of the love, energy and light that the world is sending, he will get through this!"
The hospital said last Friday that Pele was recovering satisfactorily.
Pele has suffered from hip problems for years and cannot walk unaided. His public appearances were already being cut before the COVID-19 pandemic and since then he has made few unnecessary forays outside his house near Santos.
More from Sports
All Blacks beat Springboks in 100th test
New Zealand narrowly justified their number one world ranking with a hard fought 19-17 win over world champions South Africa in Townsville on Saturday to secure the Rugby Championship title with a match to spare.
No club for Alves til 2022
Brazil defender Dani Alves has decided not to join any club until the end of the year, the 38-year-old said after terminating his contract with Sao Paulo following a dispute over unpaid salaries.
McIlroy left out of Ryder Cup session
Rory McIlroy has been left out of a Ryder Cup session for the first time in his career after Team Europe captain Padraig Harrington dropped the four-time major champion from Saturday's foursomes lineup against the United States.
PSG boss Pochettino hopes Messi fit for Man City clash
Lionel Messi has been ruled out of Paris St Germain's match against Montpellier as he has not fully recovered from a bone bruising injury, but manager Mauricio Pochettino hopes he returns for their midweek match against Manchester City.
Australia's Khawaja sees double standards in Pakistan pull-outs
Australian batsman Usman Khawaja has criticised the decisions by New Zealand and England to scrap their tours to Pakistan.