Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe has said Tokyo Olympics will go ahead as planned, despite growing concern around the coronavirus outbreak.
"We will overcome the spread of the infection and host the Olympics without problem, as planned," Abe said, adding that the International Olympic Committee (IOC) would make the final decision.
So far, there are more than 1,400 cases and 28 deaths from coronavirus.
The torch-lighting was held in ancient Olympia in a closed ceremony, with the Olympic Torch relay due to start in Fukushima on March 26.


Delhi coach Badani lauds role model Starc
Aaron Rai emerges to win first major, first PGA for England since 1919
Inter Miami blank Portland to score 1st win in new stadium
Delhi stay alive with win over Rajasthan as Bengaluru enters playoffs
Vinicius lifts Real Madrid to 1-0 win over Sevilla
