Greece has scrapped a plan to allow spectators back into sporting events, Prime Minister Kyriakos Mitsotakis's office said on Tuesday.
It comes as the country implements tougher restrictions to stem an increase in COVID-19 infections.
Greek authorities had initially decided to allow a restricted number of spectators into stadiums starting from October 31, setting a limit equal to 10 per cent of capacity, or 3,500 people.
"Conducting the games even with a few spectators... would send a wrong message to citizens," the prime minister's office said in a statement announcing the decision to drop the plan.
Greece registered 438 new COVID-19 infections on Monday, bringing its total tally of cases so far to 25,802, with 520 deaths, much lower than in many other European countries.


Arsenal crowned Premier League champions for first time in 22 years
Southampton expelled from EFL playoff final after spying breach
Alcaraz to miss Wimbledon as he continues to recover from wrist injury
Ronaldo to lead Portugal at sixth World Cup as 27-man squad named
Hyderabad and Gujarat into IPL playoffs, Chennai on brink of elimination
