Walt Disney delayed the release of Marvel movie "Blade," a new "Deadpool" instalment and several other films on Thursday as Hollywood studios adjusted schedules following the end of the four-month actors' strike.
The next Deadpool, which had been scheduled to reach theatres in May, will now debut in late July, Disney said in a statement. That forced the company to move its planned July release, Captain America: Brave New World, to February 2025.
Another Marvel superhero film, Thunderbolts, was pushed to July 2025, and Blade was postponed until November 2025.
The 118-day actors' strike shut down the production of scripted TV shows and movies. After a tentative labour agreement was reached on Wednesday, studios and actors are working out schedules to finish uncompleted projects.
Outside of Marvel, Disney moved the debut of Mufasa: The Lion King to December 2024, five months later than originally planned.


'Grey's Anatomy' star Eric Dane dies at 53
Shia LaBeouf arrested in New Orleans for assault, police say
Depression-era movie 'The Weight' packs a metaphor, says its star Ethan Hawke
Grammy-winning artist Richard Marx heads to Dubai for debut act
Robert Duvall, 'Tender Mercies' Oscar winner, dies at 95
